Monday 2nd November
Unfortunately after the PM's announcement on 31st October City-limits Dancentre will close its doors temporarily on Thursday 5th November.
! Classes and private lessons until Wednesday 4th November 10pm will run as scheduled. !
This is not the news we wanted and we will miss you all.
We hope to reopen our doors on 2nd December depending on any further goverment guidance.
*Any block bookings for classes or practice payments will be transferred forward for when we reopen.
** If you wish to speak to a member of staff please contact 0114 234 4866
We ask that everyone wears a mask or face covering when entering the building and waiting for their classes. Masks are taken off when you start your class.
*Exemptions are if you purchase drinks or food from the bar or you have an exemption card which you need to show to the reception, and under 11yrs old children
Rule of 6
Rule of 6 does not apply for the classes.
It does however apply in our waiting area or outside of the studio. So please ensure you are in groups of 6 or less in the waiting area.
The bar will now operate table service only! Please remain seated at all times our staff will ask for bar orders.
Things will be the same but with some slightly different measures in place for the safety of our customers and staff.
We have been busy over the last few weeks installing hand sanitizers at every studio entry and have a new entry and exit policy creating better social distancing. Our staff will be on hand to direct everyone and over the coming weeks it will become very normal.
Measures in place:
- If you or any family member have symptoms of COVID-19 please DO NOT attend any of our classes or private lessons
- A new entry and exit policy. We will enter via our front door and exit via one of our emergency exits creating a better flow of foot traffic. Our staff will be on hand to direct everyone and over the coming weeks it will become routine.
- All adult classes will be 55 min with a 5 min turnaround for exiting.
- All children’s classes will be 45 min with a 15 min turnaround.
- Hand sanitizers at every studio entry. We ask that everyone uses the hand sanitizer at reception when entering the building and at the studio when exiting the building.
- Minimum toilet use. Main toilets are closed and only the disabled are in use so that constant cleaning can take place.
- At reception whenever possible please use contactless payment for classes and private lessons.
- For children’s classes/private lessons, can we please ask that it’s only one accompanying adult per child if you wish to stay in the building. A separate waiting area is now ready in studio 1 on a Saturday morning. We will give instructions on exit of the classes on Saturday morning and your child will be guided by one of our teachers to collection.
- Our teachers are on a non-touch policy and will be social distancing while teaching adults and children.
- Because of the large rooms we have, most adult ballroom classes will be in studio 4 or 3 when possible and children’s classes will be split depending on numbers returning.
- Screens are now being used on the bar and reception with only takeout cups & bottled drinks to be used in the coffee bar.
- Social dances and Sunday dances are off the table for now, but we are hoping to get these up and running mid-August, as soon as guidance lets us. Remember you can always book a studio to practice in the day if you would like.
I’m sure we will have more information as it becomes available but rest assured, we will be maintaining the safest environment possible so that you all feel safe and happy to come back to dancing.
We would like to request that you get in touch with us via Facebook, email or your teacher to give us an idea if you are returning so we can have a rough idea of numbers. I know the class teachers are on with this now with most groups.
So that’s it, we are hoping to see lots of our children return on the 25th July and adults during the week.
Lots of love,
Dancing Can Reverse The Signs Of Aging In The Brain
They say age is merely a number. But no matter how young or old we may feel, there’s no denying that our brains still age.
"Good Morning America" Thinks It's Totally Acceptable to Laugh at a 6-Year-Old for Taking Ballet
When the news broke that Prince George, currently third in line for the British throne, would be continuing ballet classes as part of his school curriculum this year, we were as excited as anyone.
Why Dancing Is the Best Thing You Can Do For Your Body
Dance floors tend to be sweaty places for a reason. All of those shimmies and shakes burn energy like you wouldn’t believe—and come with many other surprising health benefits, too......
Dance for fitness
From hip-hop to the foxtrot, dance fever is sweeping the nation, fuelled by popular TV shows such as Strictly Come Dancing and Britain's Got Talent.
Whether you like to jump or jive, tap or tango, shake your hips or your booty, dancing is one of the most enjoyable ways to get moving......
Doctors in the U.K. Will Soon Be Able to Prescribe Dance Classes
It's become a colloquialism—or, we admit, a cliche—to say that dance can heal.
But with a new initiative launched by British Health Secretary Matt Hancock, doctors in the U.K. will soon be able to prescribe dance classes.....
Why Are Men So Shy of Ballroom Dancing?
“Generally in our culture, women are often first judged on attractiveness, and men on competence. This is why if men feel they are not going to be proficient at something, they generally choose not to engage. This culture does have a significant effect on men, but I have witnessed an even greater effect.....