All bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions;
1. Defined terms In these conditions of booking, ‘you ‘ and ‘your’ refers to the person who makes the booking; ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘City-Limits’ refers to those persons named on the booking confirmation and any person added at a later date; ‘consumer’ means a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and in relation to these Terms and Conditions means an individual who receives or uses services from us consisting of one or more event for the individual’s personal use and for purposes wholly or mainly outside the purposes of any Business.
2. Eligibility to Hire the venue you must be 21 or over and a “Consumer,” we also operate a challenge 25 policy.
We only make the venue available to a “Consumer” (as defined in Clause 1 above), and your booking will be deemed to be your confirmation that you will be a “Consumer” in connection with any request(s) by you to attend any Lesson. If at any time we find that you are not a “Consumer”, we may without liability to you cancel your booking forthwith by giving you a cancellation notice and you will not then be entitled to Hire our event rooms
3. Health & Safety Your health and safety and that of all participants whilst you enjoy your event are of paramount importance to us. In case of emergency please observe the directions of all staff at all times. Please do take the time to familiarise yourselves with the venue’s Fire Evacuation Procedure.
Fire exits are clearly marked and in the interests of safety you must not obstruct these exits for any reason. In the event of a fire, You should make your way to the nearest available exit with all possible speed and assemble at a safe distance from the premises.
No drinking whilst on the dance-floor; Spilt drinks should be mopped up immediately; Dancers should not eat or chew whilst dancing; No excessive consumption of alcohol, causing a lack of control and being a danger to oneself & fellow guests.
Illegal drugs WILL NOT BE TOLERATED no abusive language to be used. If you do have any concerns whatsoever, or see something you are unhappy with, please bring it to our immediate attention, thank you.
All drinks must be purchased from City-Limits any drinks brought into the building will be confiscated and returned after the event has finished. Anyone refusing to our requests will be asked to leave the premises.
4. What if you need to cancel your booking? Should you, or any member of your party, be forced to cancel your booking; Due to the limited availablity dates, once booked your deposit is non-refundable or transferable. If, due to exceptional circumstances including, but not limited to, serious illness, accidents and bereavement, we will consider the circumstances and in our discretion decide whether to waive any charge for late cancellation that we are entitled to make.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
5. Limitation of Liability 16.1 We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by You and Us when our contract with you is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
6. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors) or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. If you are a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or a consumer for the purposes of any other consumer protection legislation, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will exclude, limit, prejudice, or otherwise affect any of Our duties or obligations to You, or Your rights or remedies, or Our liability to You, under: 16.6.1 the Consumer Rights Act 2015; 7a. the Regulations; 16.6.3 the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or 16.6.4 any other consumer protection legislation as that legislation is amended from time to time.
7.b. It is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
7c. It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to ourselves and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
7d. Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it must also assign to our insurers or ourselves any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
7e. We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description: (i) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or (ii) relate to any business.
For more details of Your legal rights, please refer to Your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standard Office.
8. Written communications Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This section does not affect your statutory rights.
9. General a) You and members of your party must abide by the rules of the venue at all times; b) Our agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and we agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. You may however choose the jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so; c) If any part of our agreement is deemed void by law, the remainder will, if capable, continue in full force and effect.
10. Comments and complaints If you have a comment or complaint whilst Hiring our venue please speak to a member of our team as soon as possible and before leaving. Hopefully we’ll be able to put things right immediately so that you can enjoy the rest of your lesson. Where this is not the case, please make sure you record the details with the Duty Manager and write to the Manager no later than 21 days after the end of the lesson. Please note we cannot act on any complaint that has not been brought to the attention of the Duty Manager at the time of the incident and is not notified in writing within 21 days of the end of your lesson. All complaints received will be thoroughly investigated.
Claims may be reduced or rejected if we are not given the opportunity to put matters right during your event. No complaint will be considered unless you follow this procedure.
11. Changes to Terms and Conditions Our conditions of booking are reviewed and updated from time to time. When we do this, we may make changes to the conditions of booking so that they are as up-to-date as possible in order to comply with law and so that we continue to provide you with relevant information about your booking. The conditions of booking in force at the time when you make your booking are those that apply to your booking, unless we provide you with a copy of our new conditions of booking. Please remember to read and check the conditions of booking each time you make a booking with us as they may have changed since your last booking.
*Please note that these terms and conditions are correct at the time of posting
If you have any questions or queries, please email us at email@example.com